Tuesday, November 11, 2014

November 12, 2014 Thing 1: Blogging

November 11th  Thank you to our troops
Hello,
I am just starting my second year of Cool Tools For Schools.  I am going to try to complete as much as I can.  I have high hopes for this year.  I started with Thing 1 Blogging because I needed a refresher on it.  As I am exploring all of the links on the page I am remembering why it would take me hours to get through the things.  I tend to click & read, click & read, click & read.  So far I am brainstorming how to use blogging in the library.  I am in a high school library & I know an English teacher that would jump on board with blogging.  I am sending all of the ideas of blogging with students to my email & trying to put together a plan to present to the teacher.  Now the one thing I am having trouble with is how the students will be able to keep up with their blogging this year.  Students in grade 9 do not have 1 to 1 computers.  We have laptop carts that we share with other classes.  Next year, the grade 9 students will each have their own iPads that the school has issued.  Do I need to wait until next year for blogging to be successful?


The current 7th graders, which are not in my building, will be getting iPads this Wednesday & Friday.  It is possible for me to go to that building & collaborate with the English 7 teacher.   I need to stop blogging & go explore Kidblog.  I will write more later.


Another question, is BlogSpot part of Google?  I tried to change my email address from jfeenaughty447@gmail.com to jfeenaughty@cgcsd.org, however I can't find where to change it.
Julie

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! You're like me, I want to click on every link and follow every path and hours later, I can't remember where I started. :) And yes, blogspot is part of google, so it's likely associated with your gmail account at this point.

    ReplyDelete