Wednesday, November 6, 2013

THING #1: Blogging

Here is my second post.  I am Julie.  I am a high school librarian and have been doing this for about 14 years.  When I was 18 and in college, I was in a different curriculum.  I was studying in the library & there was a real human skeleton hanging in the library.  I thought, "Wow, wouldn't it be awesome to hang in a library for eternity?"  So I decided that when I die, I wanted to have my bones bleached & hang in the library.  At the time, I also thought that librairans didn't need an education after high school.  Boy have my veiws changed since then.

I am taking this course because I need and want to learn all about the topics of this class.  I attend as many workshops and classes that I can, so I can stay up=to-date.  I don't really want the high school students being more advanced in technology than I am.  Of course, they still teach me something new every day.

So far in this class, I have done a lot of reading the past two nights.  While reading last night, I showed my 19 month old granddaughter the short video on the spinning dog.  She played that video 3 times in a row.  She loved it.  My granddaughter & daughter-in-law have just moved in with us while my son is going to be deployed next month.  The house really looks lived in now.

This course has made a blogger out of me.  At least I think that's what I am doing. :)  I am still checking out other blogs and how people are using them in the classrooms.  My biggest worry is that someone may put too much info on the blog.  SO I am not going to be ready to use this in school until I learn more about all this.  Have a great day! - Julie

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've done a lot of exploring already. Wonderful. And isn't it great how we can all learn from each other and our students. So empowering for the students to teach the teachers! Enjoy having your grandbaby at home. What fun.

    ReplyDelete