Thursday, May 14, 2015

Thing 12 Media Skills - March 9th

Good morning,
Today, I am working with Thing 12 - Media Skills.   I thought I would use it first to promote the library so that I could get practice before I did this with the students.


It's been an interesting & slightly frustrating to get started.  I now have a school ipad to use.  With my ipad, I took a couple of pictures to use Clipping Magic.  My ipad doesn't support the webpage.  So then I emailed the picture to me.  From there, I downloaded the picture into Clipping Magic.  While I was practicing doing the background & foreground, I thought of my skills with Etch-a-Sketch was paying off. 


After about 1/2 an hour of trying to get the picture to look right, I gave up.  A student was watching me & said it looked like I was doing something similar to Photo Shop.  There is an art student in our building who is really good with Photo Shop.  The student suggested that I have the art student give me some help.  I guess I was really doing a terrible job if Hannah is suggesting that I need help. :)


I restarted my rock picture & practiced one more time.  After all that, I saved it & found that I need to pay for clipping magic.  Well that summed it, I closed the webpage & move on to the next idea.


I will be back.

1 comment:

  1. With Clipping Magic you could do a screenshot of the finished image on the right. And it can be fussy to get it just right, exactly like photoshop, though I do find it simpler than photoshop. I like you etch-a-sketch analogy! :)

    ReplyDelete