Friday, November 21, 2014

November 21, 2014 - Coding

This week is the first time that I have seen coding and Hour of Coding.  I had no idea what it was.  I have watched the videos and enjoyed the enthusiasm that is shared.  I have been brainstorming of how I can do Hour of Code in my school.  At this point, it is hard to approach teachers in the high school with "another thing".  They are very busy with Core Curriculum, best practices, etc., etc..  I went down stairs to approach our technology teacher & he wasn't there.  As I was returning to my library, I decided that I would do it with my advisement students.  They are mostly 9th graders.  Its a small class, but this would be a great place to start.  I am going to begin the introduction with the 9 minute video on Hour of Code.  I thought it was a little long, but I love the part with the contraptions that appear to be from the future. 


I originally went to college for CAD CAM and data processing in 1981.  It was a long time ago, but I had to take programing classes way back in the BC time.  The is Before Computers in high schools.  I need to  read more on coding.  I have to get everything written down before the big week. :)  I will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment